What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to the user’s device when visiting a website. Their main purpose is to recognise the user each time he or she accesses the Vinformation Foundation and also allows us to improve the quality and usability of our website.
Cookies are essential to the operation of the Internet; they cannot damage a user’s computer/device and, if enabled in your browser settings, help us to identify and resolve potential errors in the operation of http://vinflix.net.
Types of Cookies
There are different types of cookies. They all work the same way, but have small differences:
- Session Cookies. Session cookies last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device, to support the security of the website or its basic functionality. They do not contain personal information that would allow us to identify an individual.
- Persistent or Permanent Cookies: They are stored in the hard disk of the device and our web reads them every time a new visit is made to http://vinflix.net; it has a determined expiration date, after which the cookie stops working. They allow us to identify your actions and preferences; analyse the visits and help us to understand how users arrive at our page and improve our services.
- Functionality Cookies: They allow http://vinflix.net to remember decisions made by the user, such as their login or identifier.
The information that these cookies collect is anonymized (that is, it does not contain your name, address, or other data).
- Third-party cookies. Third-party cookies are cookies installed by a website other than the one you are visiting; for example, those used by social networks (such as Facebook) or external content plug-ins (such as Google Maps). In addition, some advertising companies use these types of files to track your visits to each site where they are advertised.
- Analytical Cookies: These are cookies that have the purpose of periodic maintenance and to guarantee the best operation and service to the user; collecting data on their activity.
By accessing http://vinflix.net, you expressly agree that we may use such cookies on your devices. If you disable cookies, it is possible that your navigation on http://vinflix.net is not optimal and some of the utilities available to http://vinflix.net may not work properly.
a) Own cookies
No cookie allows your phone number, email address or any other means of contact to be contacted. No cookie can extract information from your hard drive or steal personal information.
|m||2 years||Determines the device used to access the website. This allows the website to be presented in the appropriate format.|
|PHPSESSID||Session||Login and control of sessions.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Session||Aids for navigating the website.|
b) Third Party Cookies. Google Analytics Cookies
The site uses the Google Analytics service, which is provided by Google, Inc. whose main office is at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
To opt out of Google Analytics, click below:
|_utma _utmb _utmc _utmv _utmz||These Google Analytics cookies generate an anonymous user ID, which is used to count how many times the user visits http://www.vinflix.net. It also records when the user first and last visited the site. It also calculates when a session has ended, user origin and keywords.|
User configuration to avoid Cookies.
Thus, you can either block cookies through the browser settings tools or you can set your browser to alert you when a server wants to save a cookie:
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, under the menu option Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. To learn more, visit http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies and http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9.
- If you use Firefox, under the menu option Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies. To learn more, visit http://support.mozilla.org/es/products/firefox/cookies.
- If you use Chrome, in the Options > Advanced > Privacy section. To know more http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=esnswer=95647
- If you use Opera, under the Security and Privacy option, you can configure the browser. To find out more visit http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/